Quiz 528: For UPSC Examinations
1. “Cervus elaphus hanglu” is the state animal of which among the following states?
(A)Jammu & Kashmir
2. “Congress is in reality a Civil war without arms”
Who among the following made the above remarks in regard to Congress?
(B)Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(C)Syed Ahamad Khan
3. “Can a revolution in the Indian government be authorized by Parliament without consulting the wishes of vast millions of men for whose benefit it is proposed to made? The reply must be in the negative. The time has nearly come when all Indian questions must be solved by Indians”
The above snippet was one of the first expressions of patriotic thought in the Indian Newspapers. From which of the following newspapers, this snippet has been taken?
(D)Amrit Bazar Patrika
4. A ball is released from a height above the ground. What will be its velocity after 5 seconds?
5. A bill which affects the meaning and scope of which among the following can be introduced in the parliament only on recommendation of President of India?
(C)Tax on Agriculture Income
6. A person is standing in front of a wall and makes a sound. What should be the normal minimum distance between the person and the wall , so that the person hears echo?
7. A recent Constitution Amendment bill proposes to Insert a new article 43 B in Part IV of the Constitution of India. This new article in directive principles of state policy is related to which among the following?
(A)Rural Business Hubs
8. A resolution by which among the following established the Planning commission in 1950 as an extra constitutional body?
9. A ship starts its journey from Kandla port on west coast of India for Kolkata Port on East Coast. Which among the following is a correct set of the major ports of India coming on the way? (Don’t include Port Blair)
(A)Mumbai, Cochin, Tuticorin, Ennore, Paradip
(B)Mumbai, Tuticorin, Ennore, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam
(C)Mumbai, Mormugao, Cochin, Ennore, Chennai
(D)Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Haldia, Paradip
10. A tablet of which among the following Vitamins should be advised to be used after purification of water by Iodine as a disinfectant?
11. A treatment with which among the following plant hormones would prevent water loss from the plant leaves, by reducing transpiration, in times of low water availability?
12. Acid rain is capable of damaging the buildings and historic monuments which are made up of rocks such as limestone and marble. Which among the following is the end product of such reaction?
13. After the revolt of 1857, via the Government of India Act 1858, the Crown had assumed the direct responsibility for the Government of India. By this act, all legislative, administrative and Financial Powers came to be concentrated in which among the following?
(A)Viceroy and Governor General
(B)Viceroy’s and his council
(C)Secretary of State for India and his council
14. Against the menace of which of the following diseases ‘Yellow Ribbon Campaign’ has been launched in several states in India?
15. Aichi Target is the outcome of which among the following protocols / summits ?
(C)Copenhagen Climate Summit