PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022
The PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi on October 17 in Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
- The 2-day PM Kisan Samman Sammelan will witness the participation of more than 13,500 farmers from across India and over 1,500 agrt-startups.
- Researchers, policymakers and other stakeholders will also take part in this event.
- During the event, Prime Minister will inaugurate 600 Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK), which will operate under the aegis of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. Under the scheme, the fertilizer retail shops in India will be converted into PMKSK in a phased manner.
- The PMKSK aims to cater to various needs of farmers and provide agricultural inputs like fertilizers, seeds and tools as well as testing facilities for soil, seeds and fertilizers. It also creates awareness about various government schemes and improve capacity of retailers at block/district level outlets.
- Prime Minister Modi will also launch Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana – One Nation One Fertilizer, which allows manufacturing companies to market fertilizers under a single brand name – Bharat. Under this initiative, Bharat Urea Bags will be launched.
- 16,000 crore will be released as the 12th instalment under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) through the direct benefit transfer (DBT).
- Under the PM-KISAN scheme, eligible farmer families will be provided Rs.6,000 each year in three equal instalment. Till date, beneficiaries received Rs.2 lakh under the scheme.
- The Agri Startup Conclave and Exhibition will also be inaugurated during the event. Some 300 startups will demonstrate their innovative solutions focusing on precision farming, post-harvest and value add solution, allied agriculture, waste to wealth, mechanisation for small farmers, supply chain management, agri-logistics etc.
- It will enable networking between startups, farmers, FPOs, agri-experts, corporates etc.
- Startups will also be able to share their experience and interact with other stakeholders during technical sessions.
- An e-magazine focusing on fertilizer called “Indian Edge” will be launched. It will provide information about domestic and international fertilizer scenarios, including recent developments, price trends analysis, availability and consumption, success stories of farmers and others.