Public Distribution System Buffer Stocks and Food Security
- Present a roadmap for improving farm productivity and profitability in perpetuity without ecological harm in India.
- Discuss the current institutional framework around food grain management and public distribution system.
- What are buffer norms and Buffer stocks? Why they are needed?
- Discuss the key recommendations of Shanta Kumar Committee in restructuring of FCI.
- What do you understand by Food Insecurity? Differentiate between Chronic and Transitory Food Insecurity.
- The text of National Food Security Act mentions it as an act provide for food and nutrition security in "Human Life Cycle approach". Expand the meaning of human life cycle approach in this context.
- "There have been different concerns of various sections of the society with reference to the Food Security Act."Examine.
- The implementation of National Food Security Act must base on principle of self-exclusion and culture of honesty. Discuss.
- In India various problems inherent in the public distribution system has raised a debate whether do we really need subsidies? Critically discuss the arguments in favour of and against.
- To what extent, the JAM TRINITY can help India to make a suitable, efficient and transparent Subsidy Delivery System? Examine.
- "Malnutrition in India is declining faster than before, but the improvement is not fast enough to meet global targets."Discuss in the light of recently released reports.
- Discuss the role played by various technologies towards improvement of Public Distribution System (PDS) in the country.
- What are the various commodities in India for which government maintains buffer stocks? Elucidate while analyzing the pros and cons for a cotton buffer stock in the country.
- Despite many flaws that demand reform, India's PDS (Public Distribution System) has stood the test of time and is essential for survival of poor. Critically discuss in the light of Cash Transfer of Food Subsidy Rules, 2015.
- What do you understand by Aadhar seeding? Discuss its various methods and benefits, particularly in improvement of India's Public Distribution System.
- Despite of increased output and productivity, there is a demand –supply gap in the oilseeds in India, particularly in Edible oils. While analyzing the reasons, discuss the steps that should be taken to address the issue.
- As per latest Global Hunger Index (GHI), India is ranked 100th out of 119 countries. What steps do you think should be taken to improve India's ranking?
- Mention the advantages of cultivation of pulses because of which the year 2016 was declared as International year of Pulses by the United Nations.
- Explain various types of revolutions, took place in Agriculture after independence in India. How these revolutions have helped in poverty alleviation and food security in India?
- While establishing "access to food" as a crucial link between food security and climate change, provide contours of India's stand on food security in WTO.
- "While Green Revolution has made India self-sufficient in food grains, it has also led to many unintended ecological and socioeconomic repercussions in the country". Do you agree? Discuss with the help of examples.
- How the Point of Sale (PoS) based Aadhaar authentication system in the Public Distribution System works? Critically examine the problems faced due to requirement of multiple technologies working in tandem in such transition.
- "From both economic and environmental standpoints, cultivation of pulses make sense." Explain.
- The Government of India, along with few other countries has urged UN to declare 2018 as the 'International Year of Millets'. Discuss the advantages of production and consumption of millets in comparison to other cereal crops such as Wheat and Paddy.
- "While Green Revolution has made India self-sufficient in food grains, it has also led to many unintended ecological and socioeconomic repercussions in the country". Discuss with the help of examples.
- What do you understand by Agriculture Value Chain? How it is different from supply chain for other products? Explain highlighting the importance of an Agricultural Value System Platform.
- Studies have recently discovered the presence of Zearalenone in Indian cereals. What could be the possible health repercussions of the same?
- What are your views about the FCI plans for increasing the storage space?
- Analyse the concerns regarding Public procurement and steps taken by the Government to improve the system of procurement.
- What steps can the government make to make the PDS distribution more effective?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.