Post Independence Consolidation and Reorganization
- The New Economic Policy – 1921 of Lenin had influenced the policies adopted by India soon after independence. Evaluate.
- Critically elucidate the various phases of merger of Sikkim into Union of India while keeping in focus the 35th and 36th amendment of the Indian Constitution.
- Has the formation of linguistic states strengthened the cause of Indian unity?
- Discuss the role of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in pre and post independent India? Was India in a position to fulfil his absence specially during the integration phase of princely states after Independence ?
- Analyze the significance of the Dravidian movement in the post-independence history of India.
- What problems were germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula?
- The factors that led to reorganization of Bombay and Madras were at stark contrast with the factors that led to reorganization of Punjab and Assam. Do you agree? Explain.
- Critically examine the Labour Legislations and Land Reforms executed after independence till death of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, emphasizing upon their challenges and outcomes.
- Outline the role of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in unifying the India in post independence period.
- Post-Independence, India chose the path of state socialism, while China went communist. To what extent, this affected the course of economic development in the two countries?
- How V P Menon played a key role in territorial integration of India?
- Although the principle of religious majorities was followed for the partition of India, yet it was full of practical problems." Examine.
- "The political competition between the Congress and Muslim League; and the British role led to the decision for the creation of Pakistan." In the light of the above statement, discuss various consequences of the partition of India.
- Despite the potential of ‘Bhoodan’ and ‘Gramdan’ movements, it has remained underutilized. Discuss, also elaborate its relevance in contemporary times.
- Highlight the steps taken by government of India for integrating the tribals into the mainstream. Also discuss the challenges faced in integrating them.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock