Major Amendments of Constitution
- Discuss the Constitutional provisions in Article 356 regarding imposition of emergency in a state on account of failure of the Constitutional Machinery. While keeping in focus the key recommendations of Sarkaria Commission in this context, critically examine various judicial measures taken to prevent misuse of these provisions.
- Discuss the essentials of the 69th Constitutional Amendment Act and anomalies, if any, that have led to recent reported conflicts between the elected representatives and institution of the Lieutenant Governor in the administration of Delhi. Do you think this will give rise to a new trend in functioning of the Indian federal politics?
- How the Supreme Court verdict upholding right to privacy as a fundamental right of citizens will define the further course of Aadhaar? Discuss giving reference to various issues.
- The implementation of decentralization reform as embodied in the 73rd and 74th amendments of the Constitution has suffered from complete negligence. Critically discuss.
- Examine the scope of Fundamental Rights in the light of the latest judgement of the Supreme Court on Right to Privacy in the case of K.S. Puttaswamy vs Union of India
- In a historical judgement, the Union Cabinet approved 124th Constitutional Amendment Act. Critically analyse its features along with the recent issues.
- Do you think extension of Right to Education to younger children is a welcome move?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.