Major Amendments of Constitution
- Discuss the Constitutional provisions in Article 356 regarding imposition of emergency in a state on account of failure of the Constitutional Machinery. While keeping in focus the key recommendations of Sarkaria Commission in this context, critically examine various judicial measures taken to prevent misuse of these provisions.
- Discuss the essentials of the 69th Constitutional Amendment Act and anomalies, if any, that have led to recent reported conflicts between the elected representatives and institution of the Lieutenant Governor in the administration of Delhi. Do you think this will give rise to a new trend in functioning of the Indian federal politics?
- How the Supreme Court verdict upholding right to privacy as a fundamental right of citizens will define the further course of Aadhaar? Discuss giving reference to various issues.
- The implementation of decentralization reform as embodied in the 73rd and 74th amendments of the Constitution has suffered from complete negligence. Critically discuss.
- Examine the scope of Fundamental Rights in the light of the latest judgement of the Supreme Court on Right to Privacy in the case of K.S. Puttaswamy vs Union of India
- In a historical judgement, the Union Cabinet approved 124th Constitutional Amendment Act. Critically analyse its features along with the recent issues.
- Do you think extension of Right to Education to younger children is a welcome move?
- The imposition of emergency in 1975 has been one of the greatest challenges faced by the Indian Democracy. However, democracy has endured it and emerged stronger. Analyse.
- The Panchayati Raj institutions (PRIs) have not been able to achieve the objectives for which they were given constitutional status even after 30 years. Enumerate the reasons behind the problem and suggest measures to tackle it.
- Highlight the challenges associated with the implementation of the Panchayats (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 and suggest measures to ensure its implementation in both letter and spirit.
- The 103rd constitutional amendment act has been hailed as an important step towards meeting the objectives of social justice in India. Critically examine its relevance.
- The preamble to the Indian constitution cannot be regarded as a source of any prohibition or limitation. Discuss in the context of various judgements of the Supreme Court.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock