- Taxila university was one of the oldest universities of the world with which were associated a number of renowned learned personalities of different disciplines. Its strategic location caused its fame to flourish, but unlike Nalanda, it is not considered as a university in the modern sense. Discuss.
- Sufis and medieval mystic saints failed to modify either the religious ideas and practices or the outward structure of Hindu / Muslim societies to any appreciable extent. Comment.
- Discuss the importance of Paryushan and Das Lakshana in Jainism.
- "No one can deny the role played by ICHR in the historical research however, in recent times, it has been making news for wrong as well as right reasons."Throw Light.
- Abhinavgupta had created some great works of importance on almost all fields such as intellectual, moral, religious and spiritual. However, they are not finding recognition as they should have got? What do you think are the reasons and what can be done to address the problems? Discuss citing relevance of Abhinavagupta's teaching to contemporary society and world.
- Throw light on the contribution of Basaveshwara and Vachana Sahithya on Indian culture, literature and religion.
- Aranyakas don't lay much emphasis on rites, ritual and sacrifices but have philosophy and mysticism. Examine the statement focussing on key content of the Aranyakas.
- Upanishadas are often called Vedanta. Why?
- Examine the various kinds of Sutras as a part of Kalpa tradition of ancient Indian literature.
- With reference to women, despite being one of the earliest and most authoritative law texts, there are several contradicting verses in manusmriti. Discuss the stand of Manu giving your arguments.
- Differentiate between the Purva and Agama texts of Jainism.
- Elaborate the works of Kalidasa in Sanskrit Drama and poetry.
- Examine the contribution of Aryabhatta in the field of science and technology in medieval India.
- Write a short note on the Rasarnava and Dakarnava tradition of ancient India.
- Elaborate the Charyapadas tradition and Mangal-Kāvya tradition in Indian vernacular literature.
- Discuss the evolution of the Hindi Literature.
- Elaborate the four phases of the Adhunik kal or the Modern Period in Hindi literature.
- Examine the contribution of Premchand in the proliferation of Hindi Literature.
- Examine the contribution of Bhartendu in the proliferation of Hindi Literature.
- Discuss the various literary sources which inspired Mahatma Gandhi to adopt the idea of Satyagraha.
- Discuss the contribution of Baba Farid and Bulleshah in the development of Vernacular literature in India.
- Examine the Kissa tradition in Punjabi liteature.
- Which were the four events in the life of the Buddha which have been depicted in different forms of Buddhist art? What did these events symbolise?
- What do you understand by Jatakas? How do the Jatakas relate to Buddhism?
- While elucidating their evolution in the Indian moral thinking, critically discuss the concepts of Rta and Dharma.
- What is the importance of the Bhagavata movement in the history of Indian art?
- Krishnadevaraya : Accomplished scholar & Great patron of literature
- Elucidate the factors that contributed towards the growth of regional literature in India during the Sultanate period?
- What are the Harappan socio-cultural elements that have continued in later India? In the light of these elements, do you think that the time has come to put the Aryan invasion theory to rest? Discuss critically.
- What are criteria used by UNESCO to put a language into four levels of language endangerment? Discuss while enumerating two examples of Indian languages placed in each of these levels.
- The Jatakas furnish us valuable material not only for literature and art, but also for the study of economic condition of ancient India. Critically discuss with suitable examples.
- The discussion about the great seats of learning in ancient India is often confined to north and North West India, while such examples in South India don't find much attention. Throw light upon three great seats of learning that developed in ancient South India while highlighting their impacts on overall life in South.
- What is the ideology of the Sufi and Bhakti traditions? How can they be used as instruments to fight communalism?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock