Important Aspects of Governance Transparency and Accountability Citizen Charters
- What do you understand by the so called "Digital Sovereignty"? What is its importance towards security, governance and public welfare? Discuss keeping focus on current government efforts towards digital sovereignty.
- "A strong Opposition is indispensable in a modern democracy." Discuss keeping in context, the current political environment in India.
- One of the major anomalies around development of regions in the country is lack of effective convergence between various Central and State government schemes. How the recent initiative of designating "Prabhari Officers" for 115 most backward districts addresses this anomaly? Discuss elucidating the contours of government's plan.
- One of the aims of the governance is to ensure that the activities of an organization are run in an efficient manner to attain its predesigned objectives. To what extent, Big Data can be helpful in this direction? With suitable examples, discuss its importance in private as well as public sector.
- Does Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI) endorse cooperative federalism?
- Managing conflicts of interest in both the public and private sectors has become a major governance issue world-wide. Discuss in context of India, how such conflict can be resolved.
- What do you understand by the term "Research Governance"? Discuss the steps taken by the government in recent years to boost the same in the country.
- Discuss the role of civic engagement and social accountability at local government level to boost good governance.
- Explain the terms "Bureaucratisation of Politics"and "Politicisation of Bureaucracy"with suitable examples.
- "Social audit of public works programs is the first and foremost vital feature for measuring the level of good governance."Critically discuss while enumerating steps taken in recent years by central and state governments to strengthen social audit.
- What are the factors that determine the success and failure of e-governance model? Discuss taking examples of three e-governance initiatives taken India
- The decline of parliamentary culture over the last decade poses serious threats to political accountability and probity. Critically examine the reasons for the same while suggesting measures that can be adopted to counter the menace.
- Most of India's problems originate not from the lack of elaborate plans, but for the lack of seriousness in implementation. Critically discuss with suitable examples.
- Comment on (1) Role of quasi-judicial bodies in governance (2) Key domestic issues related to Internet Governance in India.
- How the Mo Sarkar provides for enhancing the accountability of governance?
- Why it is said that there is under reporting of crimes in India?
- How India can ensure the outcomes of Swacch Bharat Mission remain sustainable?
- Is torture endemic to Indian Policing System? What are the mechanisms available to tackle the torture cases?
- India needs ease of policing’, better training and infrastructure to tackle the cases of torture. Discuss
- Justice denied is Justice delayed. Discuss the pendency problem of the Indian criminal investigation system in the light of the NCRB report.
- The incidents of fire tragedy in the country cannot be called an accident as it is a lack of governance and mismanagement at the regulatory level. Comment.
- Corporate Governance : Role of Independent Director
- Tata Sons : NCLAT Judgement
- Tata Sons & Corporate Governance Issues
- Creating three state capitals
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.