Devolution of Powers and Finances Up to Local Levels
- What is Social Audit? While keeping powers and mandate of Gram Sabha in focus, throw light on various steps in social audit process in local bodies in India.
- Lack of adequate financial resources does not allow the local bodies discharge their responsibilities properly. In this context, examine the various problems faced in mobilization of resources by Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- There has been almost a consensus that the task of identification of the poor should be transferred from bureaucracy to Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs). While analyzing pros and cons of this policy, examine if the methods such as Participatory Identification of Poor (PIP) should be extended beyond NRLM.
- Present an overview of attitude of regional parties in India over centre-state relations.
- Despite consistent efforts made by successive government rural development still seems to be a distant dream? Critically examine the challenges to rural development schemes at structural, functional and implementation level?
- While keeping Rajasthan's Panchphal Yojana in focus, critically discuss how innovative solutions can augment resources and multi-dimensional benefits for panchayats?
- The local self government system in India has not proved to be effective instrument of governance." Critically examine the statement and give your views to improve the situatio
- The rural-urban divide in India is stark when it comes to standards of living such as education, healthcare, sanitation and drinking water. To what extent, the anomaly in distribution of powers between centre and states is responsible for this? Analyze.
- Case of empowering local bodies
- Sharing of Revenue and Cooperative Federalism
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.