Khelo India Para Games 2023
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, is set to inaugurate the Khelo India Para Games 2023 in New Delhi tomorrow. The games, scheduled between December 10 and 17, will witness the participation of more than 1400 players from 32 states, Union Territories, and the Services Sports Board at three venues in New Delhi.
- Inauguration by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur: The Union Minister will kickstart the games, reflecting the government’s commitment to empowering para athletes.
- Participants: Over 1400 athletes from across the nation will compete in seven para sports—athletics, shooting, archery, football, badminton, table tennis, and weightlifting.
- Opening Ceremony at KD Jadhav Indoor Hall: The grand opening ceremony will take place at the KD Jadhav Indoor Hall, Indira Gandhi Sports Complex.
- Delhi Police Band and ‘We Are One’ Dance Ensemble: The Delhi Police band will showcase a grand performance, followed by a lively dance performance by ‘We Are One’ group.
- Games Anthem and LED Dance Performance: The opening ceremony will feature the Games anthem, followed by an LED dance performance on the theme ‘Evolution of Para Games.’
- Special Performances: SAI officials will put together a special performance, and the cultural program will conclude with the presentation of ‘United by Sports.’
- Prime Minister’s Message: A special message from Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will be shared with all participants.
Aim of Khelo India Para Games
The central government’s objective behind organizing the Khelo India Para Games is to empower para athletes. Several key projects have been initiated for the welfare of the physically challenged, and the inaugural Khelo India Para Games marks a significant step in this direction.
The games will be organized at three venues—Indira Gandhi Stadium, Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium, and Karni Singh Shooting Range.