India’s first UNDP Youth Climate Champion
Content creator and actress Prajakta Koli become India’s first UN Development Programme (UNDP) Youth Climate Champion.
- She won the title under her partnership with the UNDP.
- Title has been conferred to her because of her contribution towards mental health, girl child education and women’s rights through various global social campaigns.
What does this title mean to Prajakta?
As a part of her responsibilities, Prajakta will now be entrusted with interacting with young minds for raising awareness on issues like global warming, climate crisis, biodiversity loss and their impacts, because tremors of these issues are being felt by all sections of the society, including poor and marginalized communities.
Who is Prajakta Koli?
Prajakta Koli is an Indian YouTuber and actress, known by her YouTube Channel “Mostlysane”. She makes comedy videos, focusing mostly on observational comedy related to daily life situations.
Achievements of Prajakta Koli
- Prajakta Koli has spoken up on issues such body shaming and online bullying with ‘Shameless’ under her campaign #iPledgeToBeMe, in the past. The campaign came into force on World Mental Health Day in 2016.
- She is a global ambassador for YouTube’s ‘Creators For Change’ initiative. She is known to draw attention of people to trolling, homophobia through “No Offence Campaign” and female subjugation.
- Her “No Offence Campaign” was showcased at the UN headquarters in New York on International Tolerance Day.
- In 2018, she was a part of three initiatives and social cause partnerships:
- First with YouTube for Social Impact Girl’s Education campaign,
- Second with Instagram on their Safer Internet Week campaign and
- Third with One.org for their Girl Education campaign.
- In 2019 she received an invitation from “Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation” for “annual Goalkeepers Summit”.
- In 2021, she joined Google’s Impact Challenge to provide grants to non-profits who are addressing economic inequities faced by girls and women.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP is a United Nations organization, established in 1965. It is headquartered in New York City. The body help countries in eliminating poverty and achieving sustainable economic growth as well as human development. It is the largest UN development aid agency, having offices across 170 countries.