GK & Current Affairs: March 29, 30, 2015
1. Which among the following is the world’s largest e-commerce company? [A]Amazon [B]eBay [C]Alibaba [D]Flipkart
The Alibaba Group is the world’s largest e-commerce company by gross merchandise value, volume of goods and service being transacted followed by Amazon and eBay.
2. As per the UN new index on assessing e-commerce readiness, country with highest readiness for electronic commerce is ___? [A]Norway [B]Finland [C]Luxembourg [D]Canada
As per the United Nations trade body UNCTAD new business-to-consumer (B2C) e-commerce business selling to the general public index, the top four countries with highest readiness for electronic commerce are Luxembourg, followed by Norway, Finland and Canada. The index ranked India at 83rd place.
3. Who was defeated by Saina Nehwal to win her maiden India Open Title? [A]Ratchanok Intanon [B]Yui Hashimoto [C]Carolina Marin [D]Li Xuerui
Answer: Ratchanok Intanon
Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal won her maiden India Open title by defeating former world champion Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon 21-16, 21-14 in the final match. By this Saina became the first home player from India to win a Super series title. Saina also attained the world no.1 rank after world champion Carolina Marin, the other contender for the top spot, lost in the India Open semi final.
4. Who has won the Player of the tournament award in the 2015 Cricket World Cup? [A] Mitchell Starc [B]James Faulkner [C]Trent Boult [D]Martin Guptill
Answer: Mitchell Starc
Australian left hand bowler Mitchell Starch has won the 2015 cricket world cup player of the tournament award. Starch took 22 wickets at an average of 10. He beat out the likes of fellow paceman Trent Boult and Sri Lanka legend Kumar Sangakkara for the top honour.
5. The Hugo and the Nebula awards are given for the work related to ___? [A]Science fiction [B]Animal conservation [C]Space studies [D]Environment conservation
Answer: Science fiction
The Hugo and Nebula awards are given annually to works of science fiction literature.
6. Foal Eagle, is the code name of annual military exercise between which countries? [A]India and Russia [B]US and South Korea [C]Germany and US [D]Pakistan and China
Answer: US and South Korea
Foal Eagle is a military exercise conducted annually by the South Korea and the United States Armed Forces. It is one of the largest military exercises conducted annually in the world.
7. The winner of 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix is ____? [A]Sebastian Vettel [B]Kimi Raikkonen [C]Lewis Hamilton [D]Jenson Button
Answer: Sebastian Vettel
Sebastian Vettel has won the 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix. Vettel won a straight fight with Lewis Hamilton to clinch the title.
8. Which state emerged as best performer as per the latest data on the performance of states on the Twenty Point Programme? [A]Gujarat [B]Rajasthan [C]Maharashtra [D]Madhya Pradesh
Rajasthan ranked number one as per the latest data on the performance of states on the Twenty Point Programme. The top performers are Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana, West Bengal and Karnataka. On other hand Telangana, J&K, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra are the worst performing states. The performance is rated on three parameters: very good (where at least 90% of the target is achieved), good (80-90%) and poor (under 80%).
9. Who became the first Chief Minister to receive the second highest civilian award Padma Vibhushan? [A]Parkash Singh Badal [B]Tarun Gogoi [C]Okram Ibobi Singh [D]Mukul Sangma
Answer: Parkash Singh Badal
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal became the first Chief Minister to receive the second highest civilian award Padma Vibhushan.
10. Which state has launched country’s first e-Vidhan mobile app, recently? [A]Uttar Pradesh [B]Himachal Pradesh [C]Karnataka [D]Andhra Pradesh
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh state government has launched e-Vidhan, an android based mobile app. The app will enable legislators to get information regarding proceeding of the House on their mobile phones. The facility would enable the elected representatives to see list of business and starred and unstarred questions, 45 minutes in advance and also provide the information about proceedings of the House at a definite time.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »