GK & Current Affairs: March 1, 2, 2015
1. Which of the following banks have recently merged with Kotak Mahindra Bank?
[B]Lakshmi Vilas Bank
[C]ING Vysya Bank
Answer: ING Vysya Bank
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) agreed the proposed merger of Kotak Mahindra Bank and ING Vysya bank. Kotak Mahindra Bank and ING Vysya Bank had announced amalgamation of ING Vysya with Kotak in the ratio of 725 shares of Kotak for every 1,000 shares of ING Vysya.
2. Which among the following sectors is the largest receiver of Foreign Direct Investment in India?
As per the data by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion telecom received the maximum FDI of $ 2.67 billion in the April-December period, followed by services ($ 2.29 billion), automobile ($ 1.58 billion), pharmaceuticals ($ 1.21 billion) and computer software and hardware ($ 971 million).
3. Who among the following have won the Best Actor and Actress awards at the 2015 Oscar Awards?
[A]Eddie Redmayne, Julianne Moore
[B]Michael Keaton, Freida Pinto
[C]Eddie Redmayne, Freida Pinto
[D]Michael Keaton, Julianne Moore
Answer: Eddie Redmayne, Julianne Moore
British actor Eddie Redmayne and actress Julianne Moore has won the best actor and actress Oscar-2015, respectively. Eddie Redmayne has won the award for his acting in movie The Theory of Everything, while Julianne Moore picked up best actress for Still Alice.
4. As per the latest study by the Forest Survey of India, which state has recorded largest increase in forest cover in the country?
Answer: West Bengal
India forest cover has increased by 5,871 sq km as per the study conducted by the Forest Survey of India. West Bengal accounts for nearly 64 per cent of this rise with 3,810 sq km, which is followed by Odisha where increase in forest cover has been 1,444 km and Kerala where the increase has been about 622 sq km.
5. Which one of the following is the site for annual International Yoga Festival-2015?
The 16th Annual International Yoga Festival will be held from March 1-7, 2015 at Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh. The International Yoga Festival is organized by Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh.
6. Rana Bhagwandas, who passed away recently, was the first Hindu chief justice of ____?
Rana Bhagwandas was the first Hindu and second non-Muslim head of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He was the acting Chief Justice of Supreme Court during the 2007 judicial crisis. He also briefly acted as the CJ when incumbent Iftikhar Chaudhry went on foreign tours in 2005 and 2006. He had been a Supreme Court judge since February 2000.
7. Recently, which state has launched the “Smart Village-Smart Ward” programme, aims at people’s participation in every village for its comprehensive development?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh state government launched ‘Smart Village-Smart Ward’ programme. The ‘Smart Village- Smart Ward’ programme, which is the brain child of Chief Minister Naidu, aims at people’s participation in every village for its comprehensive development.
8. The global meet on “countering violent extremism” was recently concluded in which one of the following countries?
The global meet on countering violent extremism, popularly known as White House Summit on Countering Violent Extremism was recently concluded in Washington, USA. The global meet was held to address the root causes of extremism through community engagement.
9. Who among the following has clinched the Indian Open title of Golf on February 22, 2015?
Answer: Anirban Lahiri
Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri won the Indian Open title of Golf at the Delhi Golf Club. Lahiri defeated his rival SSP Chowrasia to clinch the title. Anirban Lahiri on February 8, 2015 also claimed the Malaysian Open Title.
10. Apart from Kaziranga National Park, which one of the following is home to one-horned rhinos in India?
[A]Jaldapara National Park
[B]Balphakram National Park
[C]Gangotri National Park
[D]Hemis National Park
Answer: Jaldapara National Park
Jaldapara National Park in West Bengal the is happens to be the second largest habitat of one-horned rhinos in India after the Kaziranga National Park in Assam.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »