GK & Current Affairs: January 25, 26, 2015
Current Affairs Questions and Answers for January 25 and 26, 2015 with latest MCQs on Channapatna toys, Syedi Modi International Badminton Championship, Edgar Lungu, Tunnel of Time, World’s oldest monarch, Neither A Hawk, Nor A Dove, PMJDY
1. Which among the following states is the site for India’s first International Institute of Music?
Kerala state government has announced the setting up of India’s first International Institute of Music. The trust headed by Sarod Maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has been given the responsibility to set up the institute.
2. Recently, which one of the following schemes of union government has entered into Guinness book of world record?
[B]Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana
[C]Swatcha Bharat Abhiyan
[D]Indira Awas Yojana
Answer: Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Modi’s ambitious initiative financial inclusion scheme Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana has entered into the Guinness book of world record for opening the highest number of bank accounts in the least time. As per the data 11.5 crore new accounts has been opened under the scheme so far.
3. Who among the following is the author of the book “Neither A Hawk, Nor A Dove”?
[B]Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri
Answer: Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri
Pakistan’s former foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri is the author of the book “Neither A Hawk, Nor A Dove”. The book will provides a detailed account of Indo-Pak diplomacy through the eyes of Kasuri.
4. Which among the following is the first state in India to launch web based education programme for all schools?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh became the first state in the country to launch web based education programme for all schools in collaboration with Google. The programme would initially launch in 50 to 100 schools of over 7000 schools and later extended to other schools in phased manner.
5. Who heads the Supreme Court panel to ensure major reforms in the practice and procedure of BCCI?
[A]Justice R M Lodha
[B]Justice Ashok Bhan
[C]Justice R V Ravindran
[D]Justice Nag Mohan Das
Answer: Justice R M Lodha
Supreme Court appointed a three member panel to recommend major reforms in the practice and procedure of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The panel to be headed by former CJI Justice R M Lodha along with Justice Ashok Bhan and Justice R V Raveendran to suggest amendments in the board rules and regulations.
6. Currently, who among the following is the world’s oldest monarch?
[A]Queen Elizabeth II
[B]Emperor of Japan
[C]King of Thailand
Answer: Queen Elizabeth
Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II is now world’s oldest monarch. She became oldest monarch in the world after the death of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.
7. The “Tunnel of Time” is the autobiography of _____?
[B]R K Laxman
[D]M S Narayana
Answer: R K Lakshman
The “Tunnel of Time” is an Autobiography of an eminent Indian cartoonist R K Laxman. His other notable books are “The Eloquent Brush”, “Servants Of India”, “Sorry, no room”, “The Very Best of the Common Man”, “Thama and the Little Bird”, “Laxman Resha”, “Science Smiles” etc.
8. Edgar Lungu, has been elected as new President of which one of the following countries?
Edgar Lungu, candidate from the ruling Patriotic Front has won Zambia’s presidential election. Lungu received 48.3 per cent of the vote, while Hakainde Hichilema of the united party for national development secured 46.7 per cent and came second.
9. Who among the following has won the women’s and men’s singles titles, respectively at Syed Modi International Badminton Championship?
[A]Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap
[B]Carolina Marina and P Kashyap
[C]Saina Nehwal and K Srikanth
[D]Carolina Marina and K Srikanth
Answer: Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap
Saina Nehwal and P Kashya clinched the women’s and men’s singles titles, respectively at Syedi Modi International Badminton Championship.
10. The “Channapatna toys” are a particular form of wooden toys that are manufactured in which state?
The “Channapatna toys” are a particular form of wooden toys that are manufactured in Channapatna town in Karnataka state. The toys from this place are famous worldwide for their uniqueness. The traditional toys and dolls made of special wood in colours are protected as a geographical indication (GI) under the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »