Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : July 9, 2012
1. Which among the following organizations has recently released the report titled “Inclusive Wealth Report 2012”?
[C]World Economic Forum
[D]World Trade Organization
India ranks fifth in the report as a country with highest annual inclusive wealth growth.
2. Who among the following is the winner of 2012 Amnesty International Ambassador of Conscience Award ?
[B]Aung San Suu Kyi
Aung San Suu Kyi
3. Which among the following has become the latest neighbouring country from where, India has allowed FDI?
4. On 11 June 2012, the organisers of Nobel Prize have announced a 20-per cent cut in the award because of the economic crisis. What is the new amount of the 2012 Nobel Prizes?
[A]8 million Swedish krono
[B]10 million Swedish krono
[C]12 million Swedish krono
[D]6 million Swedish krono
8 million Swedish krono
5. National Security Council NSC is headed by ____?
6. The United States administration has recently announced exempting India, South Korea, and five other countries from Iran oil sanctions. Which among the following is not a country among the five others?
Besides India, South Korea, Malaysia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey and Taiwan got exemptions
7. At present, India has 20 nuclear reactors with a combined installed capacity of 4,780 MW. This is roughly what fraction of our total electricity generation capacity?
8. Consider the following matches:
1. Karcham Wangtoo ↔ Sikkim
2. Maheshwar Power Project ↔ Maharastra
3. Tipaimukh Dam ↔ West Bengal
Which among the above matches is / are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]None of them
None of them
1. Karcham Wangtoo → Himachal Pradesh
2. Maheshwar Power Project ↔ Madhya Pradesh
3. Tipaimukh Dam ↔ Manipur
9. Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Bikaner of Rajasthan have been centres of public protests for which among the following activities?
[A]Nuclear Power Projects
[C]Iron Ore Mining
10. Which among the following probes to Mars is not a NASA Project?
[B]Mars Global Surveyor
Mars 1960A & B (Soviet Union)
First flyby missions launched in October 1960 by Soviet Union. Ended in failure
Mariner 9 (NASA)
Launched in May 1971. Completed the first successful orbit of Mars
Mars 2 (Soviet Union)
Became the first spacecraft to make an impact landing on Mars in 1971
Mission with two landers that made a successful touch down on Martian surface in 1976
Mars Global Surveyor (NASA)
Regarded as one of NASA’s most successful Mars mission. Launched in 1996, it collected detailed data about Martian landscape
Mars Pathfinder (NASA)
First of a series of missions that sent rovers to explore the red planet
Mars Exploration Rovers (NASA)
Launched in 2003. Consists of 2 rovers, Spirit and Opportunity. Of these, Opportunity is still operational
Mars Express (ESA)
European Space Agency’s orbiter that is currently exploring the planet
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »