Approved Standardised Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels Design and Specifications
The government of India has set up a Nodal Authority in order to frame the Approved Standardised Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels Design and Specifications (ASDDS). It would help the fisheries departments of states to implement the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- ASDDS will provide a framework of minimum basic design parameters. The vessels would be constructed under the prescribed framework.
- It will cover the basic design aspects including the Outline Specifications, Basic Calculation, General Arrangement and Basic Structural Drawings.
- ASDDS will be prepared by Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL).
- It will technically be vetted by Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT).
- The ‘In Principle’ approval will be given by the Indian Register of Shipping (IRS).
- Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels (DSFV’s) was also constructed in compliance with the ASDDS.
- DSFV was promulgated by the ministry of ports, shipping and waterways.
- DSFV will also be eligible for subsidy under the PMMSY scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
It is a flagship scheme that focuses on the sustainable development of the fisheries sector. It will be implemented for a five-year period. The scheme was launched on April 1, 2020 in all States and Union Territories under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Package.
The PMMSY was launched with an estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crores. Out of this amount, an investment of about Rs 12,340 crores is allocated for the beneficiary-oriented activities in Inland fisheries, Marine and Aquaculture. Rs 7,710 crores was allocated for fisheries infrastructure.
The nodal authority will be headed by the director of CIFT. It would also comprise of the representatives from the Naval Architecture Department of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur or IIT Madras; Cochin Shipyard Ltd and the Indian Register of Shipping.
Topics: Approved Standardised Deep-Sea Fishing Vessels Design and Specifications (ASDDS) • Deep-sea fishing vessels • Fishing • Fishing in India • Fishing industry • Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)