Chandler Good Government Index
The Chandler Good Governance Index is released by the Chandler Institute of Governance headquartered in Singapore. The index is prepared based on seven pillars namely leadership and foresight, strong institutions, robust laws and policies, attractive market place, financial stewardship, helping people rise, global influence and reputation.
India ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Governance Index out of 104 countries.
- Finland topped the ranking following Switzerland, Singapore, Netherlands, Denmark and Norway.
- Pakistan was ranked at 90th place, Sri Lanka at 74th and Nepal at 92nd.
- Among BRICS countries China ranked 140th, Brazil at 67th, Russia at 48th, South Africa at 70th.
- It recommends “Pracademics” in Government. Pracademics is rigorous understanding of research and data with a practical sense of what governments need to do to succeed.
About Chandler Good Governance Index
It aims to strengthen public institutional capacity through research, training and advise. Also it supports governments and public officers world wide in building the nation.
Good Governance in India
- India celebrates Good Governance Day on December 25.
- The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and Pensions releases Good Governance Index assessing the initiatives of State Governments and Union Territories.
- The National E-Governance Plan of India aims to make all the government services accessible to the common man.
- The Right to Information Act, 2005 ensure transparency in governance.
- NITI Aayog has been established. It is a policy commission established to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism.
UN Good Governance
The United Nations identifies Good Governance under eight characteristics. They are Consensus oriented, Effective and Efficient, Follows the rule of law, Participatory, Accountable, Responsive, Transparent, Equitable and Inclusive.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|