Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: September 21, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for September 21, 2023
- Lok Sabha passes historic women’s reservation Bill, 27 years after a Women’s Reservation Bill was first introduced in Parliament.
- India issued a travel advisory for all Indian nationals in Canada, including students, urging them to register with Indian missions.
- U.K. universities to collaborate with Tamil Nadu State institutions two-way student mobility, capacity building, research and transnational education.
- Windergy India 2023 Summit to commence in Chennai, as part of Indo-Danish Energy partnership.
- Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) nods to conduct Truenat test to detect Nipah.
- Words “socialist” and “secular” were missing from the Preamble to the copies of the Constitution handed out to MPs.
- NEET-PG 2023 cut-off has been reduced to ‘zero’ percentile: Union Health Ministry.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- ADB lowers India GDP growth outlook for this fiscal to 6.3%.
- Mumbai-based budget airline Akasa Air has received the government’s nod to fly global routes.
- WhatsApp is set to add rival in-app payment options in India.
- Türkiye raises concern over Kashmir issue during 78th session of the UN General Assembly session.
- British Prime Minister delays ban on new petrol and diesel cars by 5 years.
- Iran MPs passed dress code Bill mandating tougher penalties for women.
- Cricket: Mohammed Siraj reclaims top spot among ODI bowlers.
- Harmanpreet, Lovlina to be flag-bearers at Asian Games opening ceremony.
- New York, Dallas, and Florida to host T20 Cricket World Cup matches in 2024.
Category: Today's News Headlines