Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: September 22, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for September 22, 2023
- The Rajya Sabha passed the women’s reservation Bill unanimously.
- India suspends visa services in Canada until further notice.
- The Supreme Court refused to interfere with the Cauvery Water Management Authority’s (CWMA) direction to Karnataka to release water to Tamil Nadu.
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry advised TV channels against giving platform to persons facing charges of serious crimes.
- The Union Ministry of Railways has revised the amount of ex gratia relief to be payable in case of death to the dependents by up to 10 times.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is looking to wake up the Chandrayaan-3’s Vikram lander and Pragyan rover.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Finance Ministry attributes decline in savings rate to increase in borrowings to buy real estates.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) outlines National Broadcasting Policy.
- China, U.S. and India were absent at U.N.’s Climate Ambition Summit (CAS) in New York.
- Ukrainian President Volodmyr Zelenskyy won a promise of new air defence weapons from the United States.
- U.S. offers temporary work permits to nearly 500,000 Venezuelans.
- Syrian President arrives in China on first visit since beginning of war.
- Wrestling: India’s Antim Panghal wins bronze medal at World Championships in Serbia.
- India’s Under 19 football team starts SAFF Championship with a 3-0 victory over Bangladesh.
Category: Today's News Headlines