Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: June 3, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for June 3, 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Disha Mobile App gets a record 1.17 crore registrations since its launch three years ago
- The death toll of the tragic train accident in Balasore. Odisha has risen to 238, and around 900 are feared critically injured.
- Integrated Command and Control Centre set up in Srinagar under Smart City Mission.
- 88% of wage payments made through Aadhaar Based Payment Bridge System till May: Rural Development Ministry.
- President Droupadi Murmu to be on State visit to Suriname and Serbia in June.
- IRENA report ‘Low-cost finance for energy transition’ praises India’s renewable energy growth.
- ICAI Central Council approves renewal of mutual recognition agreement (MRA) with CPA Canada, CPA Ireland.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- RBI proposes cyber security framework for payment system operators, seeks feedback by June 30.
- Centre imposes stock limits on Tur and Urad dal to prevent hoarding and speculation
- IRDAI has issued draft guidelines for Bima Vahak, a new initiative aimed at enhancing insurance inclusion and awareness across India.
- Sri Lankan Cabinet Ministers approve proposal for establishment of Truth and Reconciliation Mechanism.
- UAE Meteorologist Dr Abdulla Al Mandous has been elected as the new President of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- UN Security Council extends UN political mission in Sudan for 6 months.
- BRICS Foreign Ministers pitch for use of local currencies in international trade.
- Celeste Saulo of Argentina has been appointed as the first female Secretary-General of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been invited to address a joint session of the U.S. Congress.
- Finale Bahnen-Tournee 2023 cycling: India’s Esow Alben wins bronze medal.
- 3rd Khelo India University Games to conclude in Varanasi.
- Indian men’s team beat Belgium 5-1 in FIH Pro League.
Category: Today's News Headlines