Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: May 20, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for May 20, 2023
- Ghaziabad-Aligarh Expressway has achieved a new milestone by successfully laying Bituminous Concrete across 100 lane kilometers in 100 hours.
- Telangana Home Minister launches ‘SAHAS’ an initiative towards making workplaces safer for women.
- Operation Karuna: INS Gharial delivers medical supplies for people of cyclone-hit Myanmar.
- Centre promulgates ordinance to constitute National Capital Civil Services Authority.
- Congress leader Siddaramaiah sworn in as Chief Minister of Karnataka for second term.
- PM Modi attends G7 Summit in Hiroshima, Japan and holds bilateral meetings with top leaders of Japan, South Korea and Vietnam.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Finance Ministry says no Tax Collection at Source (TCS) on overseas payments via debit or credit cards up to Rs 7 lakh per year.
- Adani-Hindenberg case: Expert panel appointed by the Supreme Court says SEBI needs to develop proper enforcement policy
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to withdraw ₹2,000 denomination banknotes from circulation.
- Japan expresses interest in joining India’s Unified Payments Interface system.
- U.S. President Joe Biden told G-7 leaders that the country will support providing advanced warplanes including F-16s to Ukraine.
- Indian Navy and Royal Saudi Naval Force Collaborate for Maiden Afloat Training of Saudi Cadet.
- World Table Tennis Championships 2023: Sharath Kamal, Manika Batra to lead Indian campaign in South Africa.
- Italian Open: Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan to take on Ukraine’s Anhelina Kalinina in summit clash.
Category: Today's News Headlines