Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: April 19, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for April 19, 2023
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah presided over a ‘Chintan Shivir’ of senior officers of Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi.
- Rain and thunderstorm begin in Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner due to western disturbance.
- Government approves 8 projects worth around Rs 638 crore for Clean Ganga Mission.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved a proposal for bringing in industry-friendly reform related to Authority Holding Sealed Particulars (AHSP)
- Manipur Chief Minister inaugurates Hun-Thadou cultural festival at Kangpokpi.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Apple CEO Tim Cook opens Apple’s first India store in Mumbai.
- India plans to appeal against WTO ruling on IT tariffs.
- G20 Digital Economy Working Group meeting held in Hyderabad.
- UN Secretary-General condemns outbreak of fighting in Sudan, calls for an immediate ceasefire to resolve crisis.
- Kuwait’s Crown Prince announces dissolution of National Assembly and calls for new elections.
- India and Russia agree to deepen trade and economic relations during the India-Russia Inter-governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation.
- Suryakumar Yadav was named Wisden’s Leading T20 Cricketer of the Year while Harmanpreet Kaur becomes the first Indian woman to win a Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
Category: Today's News Headlines