Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: January 18-19, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for January 18-19, 2023.
- Annual Status of Education Report (ASER 2022) survey was released by Pratham Foundation; flags widening learning gaps.
- Network Planning Group (NPG) constituted under the PM GatiShakti National Master Plan recommends three projects for implementation.
- Tourism Ministry to organize 1st Global Tourism Investors Summit in April 2023.
- India announces 100 million Maldivian Rufiyaa for community development projects in Maldives.
- First G20 Health Working Group meeting under India’s G20 presidency begins in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Centre and Jharkhand state government decide not to convert Jain site of Sammed Shikharji into tourism hub.
- Indian Air Force launches Kargil Courier Services from Kargil to Srinagar and Jammu.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates second phase of Saansad Khel Mahakumbh in Basti, Uttar Pradesh.
- India’s overall exports in April to December 2022 is estimated to record a positive growth of 16.11 per cent over the same period last year.
- India’s Index of Industrial Production increases 7.1 percent for November 2022, highest in five months.
- India sent financing assurances to IMF, becoming the first of Sri Lanka’s creditors to officially back the island country.
- SEBI propose to introduce a blocking-of-funds facility for trading in secondary markets.
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will step down by next month.
- NASA awarded USD 425 million to Boeing Company for the agency’s sustainable flight demonstrator project.
- Vietnam President Nguyen Xuan Phuc announces resignation following corruption scandals.
- India-Bangladesh Friendship pipeline to start supplying diesel to Bangladesh from June
- Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif calls for talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Rani Rampal made a comeback with a goal as India defeated South Africa 5-1 in the first match of the hockey series in Cape Town.
- India Open 2023: PV Sindhu exits after first-round loss.
- Defending champion and top seed Rafael Nadal crashes out second round at the Australian Open.
Category: Today's News Headlines