Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: January 1, 2023.
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for January 1, 2023.
- Assam merges 4 districts and redraws boundaries ahead of Election Commission’s (EC) delimitation deadline.
- New integrated Food Security Scheme to be rolled out from January 1, 2023.
- India assumes the chairmanship of the plenary of the Wassenaar Arrangement.
- Government spent Rs 13,000 crore on cleaning Ganga since 2014.
- 50 of India’s 3,693 centrally protected monuments are missing, according to the Ministry of Culture.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issues cyber alert for G20 Summit, shared a list of cyber attackers targeted G20 Summits with all ministries and departments.
- Defence Ministry starts process for the procurement of 100 more K9-Vajra tracked self-propelled howitzers.
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has elevated Ajay Kumar Srivastava as MD and CEO.
- Centre signs pact with Institute of Veterinary Biological Products (IVBP) for commercial production of ‘Lumpi-ProVac’, a vaccine for lumpy skin disease in cattle.
- Transport consultancy and engineering firm RITES inks pact with Kerala’s KIIFCON for consultancy projects.
- Former Pope Benedict XVI, passed away aged 95. In 2013, he became the first pontiff to resign in 600 years.
- International convention of Theosophical Society commences at headquarters in Chennai.
- India abstains from voting on UN resolution on Israel
- Magnus Carlsen wins all three world chess championship titles for the third time in his career
Category: Today's News Headlines