Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: December 9, 2022
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for December 9, 2022
- Election results 2022: BJP wins 156 seats and sweeps Gujarat; Congress returns to power in Himachal Pradesh; AAP to turn national party.
- Rajya Sabha clears Wild Life (Protection) Amendment Bill, to strengthen the protection of endangered species and raise punishment for illegal trade in wildlife.
- Earthquake of 3.7 magnitude hits Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
- 100% Work From Home allowed for employees of IT/ITeS units in Special Economic Zones (SEZs)
- Road transport Ministry to launch Surety bonds insurance product for infrastructure sector on December 19
- Greater Chennai Corporation launches World Bank’s flagship Gender Toolkit
- Quaide Milleth Award for Probity in Political / Public Life 2022 awarded to Dravidar Kazhagam president K. Veeramani and The Wire (India) Media
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- ADB approves USD 780 million loan to expand Chennai metro rail network
- Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) says Rural India adds 4.3 million jobs in November; marginal rise in employment in urban India.
- Electoral bonds worth ₹676 crore sold during 23rd phase in November.
- RBI signs Currency Swap Agreement with Maldives Monetary Authority
- IRDAI proposes long-term motor insurance policies
- White House supports passage of bill that eliminates per country quota on green cards
- Sweden and Nepal study India’s digital rollout of health assurance scheme (AB PM-JAY)
- EU court rules Google must delete inaccurate search results
- Dina Boluarte becomes Peru’s first female president after former president Pedro Castillo is impeached
- FIFA World Cup Football: Quarter-final matches kicks off in Qatar
- Indian shuttler Anish Thoppani clinches silver medal in U-15 category at Badminton Asia Junior Championships
Category: Today's News Headlines