Quiz 105 : Indian History : Modern India Basic Questions
1. In which among the following years, the Modern Olympic games were held for the first time?
2. Which among the following incidents established the supremacy of British over French in India?
[A]Battle of BuxarBattle of Buxar October 22, 1764 On October 22-23, 1764, the decisive Battle of Buxar was fought. The belligerents were the East India Company on one .....
[B]Battle of Wandiwash
[D]Battle of Chingleput
3. Who among the following headed the Advisory Committee on Fundamental Rights, Minorities and Tribal and Excluded Areas a committee under the Constituent Assembly?
[A]Jawahar Lal Nehru
[B] Vallabh Bhai Patel
[C] H C Mukherjee
4. Which among the following tries was signed after Battle of Buxar?
[A]Treaty of AllahabadTreaty of Allahabad (16 August 1765) The important outcome of the Battle of Buxar was the Treaty of Allahabad which was signed between Lord Clive and .....
[B]Treaty of Carnatic
[C]Treaty of Alinagar
[D]Treaty of Kanpur
5. What was the original requirement of " Magna carta" ?
[A]To bring the powers of King under law
[B]To make the power of the kings beyond Law
[C]To limit the power of Barons
[D]None of them
6. Statue of Liberty, which recently completed 125 years was a gift to American people from people of … ?
7. GoaGoa : General Information Population (2001 Census):1347668Males:687248Females:660420Urban Population %:49.47Literacy Rate (Census 2001) In %:82Male Literacy In %:88.4Male Literate In Numbers:541032Female Literacy In %:75.4Female Literate In ..... was declared as India's 25th state in which among the following years?
8. Which among the following is the earliest battle involving gunpowder firearms and field artillery?
[A] Battle of Tarain
[B]Battle of Panipat
[C]Battle of Haldighati
[D]Battle of KhanwaBattle of Khanwa 1527 On March 16, 1527 the two armies met. Attack was launched by Rana Sanga. A combined Rajput confederacy fought the Mughal .....
9. Mahzarnama was declared by ____?
[A]BaburZahir ud-din Muhammad Babur (30 April 1526 – 26 December 1530) is one of the most captivating figures of Indian history. He was a link between the predatory .....
[B]AkbarAkbar, the Great 1556-1605 The reign of Akbar for almost half a century is known as the Golden Period of the Mughal Empire. Akbar was the .....
[C]HumayunHumayun's First Reign: 1530-1540 Introduction to Humayun When Babur left the throne to his eldest, lovable son Humayun, it was not a bed of roses. When he .....
10. Swaraj party was out come of which among the following incidents?
[B]Quit India MovementIn July 1942, the Congress Working Committee met at Wardha. Here a long resolution was passed that demanded that the "British Rule in India must .....
[C]Arrival of Simon Commission
11. In 1956 during the Reorganization of the Indian States, the state of Hyderabad was splitSub-division of a share of large denomination into shares of smaller denominations. Also means sub¬division of holdings. up between ?
[A]Andhra PradeshPopulation (2001 Census) : 76210007Males : 38527413Females : 37682594Sex Ratio (Females/1000 Males) : 978Density Of Population (Persons/ Square Km) : 275Urban Population % : 27.08Literacy ..... & Maharastra
[B]Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka
[C]Andhra Pradesh, Maharastra & Karnataka
[D]Andhra Pradesh, Maharastra, Goa & Karnataka
12. In which year, States Reorganization Act went into effect?
13. Balgangadhar Tilak was arrested in 1908 following the charges on him of ..?
[A]Murder of Douglas
[C]Opposing the age of Consent Bill
[D]Inciting Chapekar Brothers to commit violence
14. Balvant rai Mehta who was pioneer of concept of Panchayati Raj (local government), was a freedom fighter and Chief minister of ….state?
15. Who has written Mahatma-Life of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi ?
[A]D. G. Tendulkar
[B]Colonel G. B. Singh
[D]None of them