Varanasi Declaration on Higher Education
On July 7, 2022 Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the “Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samaham” in Varanasi. He will also announce development projects worth Rs 1,774 crore on the occasion.
Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samaham
- The Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samaham will be held by Union Ministry of Education.
- It will be held at international cooperation and convention centre called “Rudraksh”.
- The conclave will conclude on July 9, 2022.
- During the 3-day conclave, “Varanasi Declaration on Higher Education” will be adopted.
- Conclave is being held as part of capacity building of over 300 academic, institutional and administrative leaders from nationally important institutes and universities from across the country.
Panel discussions for higher education
During PM’s visit to Varanasi, Panel will hold discussions on nine themes that have been identified for higher education as a part of the National Education Policy 2020. The nine themes include:
- Multidisciplinary and holistic education
- Skill development and employability
- Research, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Capacity building of teachers for quality education
- Quality, ranking and accreditation
- Digital empowerment and online education
- Equitable and inclusive education
- Indian knowledge system
- Internationalisation of higher education.
Exhibition on Initiatives under NEP 2020
On the visit, an exhibition on initiatives launched to implement NEP 2020, is likely to be held. An exhibition on “technical books in regional languages” will also be held.
Other projects to be inaugurated by PM
Prime minister Modi is likely to lay the foundation stone for 13 projects worth Rs 1,220 crore. He will also inaugurate 30 development projects worth Rs 553.76 crore. All the projects will be set in motion, at Sampurnanand Sports Stadium in Sigra. These projects are related to Varanasi Smart City, roads, bridges, sewage and water supply, sports, police, police and fire safety. Projects related to tourism like development of Sarnath Buddhist Circuit under World-Bank funded UP pro-poor-tourism development project, will also be inaugurated.
Akshay Patra Mid-Day Meal kitchen
The Akshay Patra mid-day meal kitchen will also be set into motion by Prime Minister. It will be opened at LT College. This kitchen has the capacity to cook midday meals for over 100,000 students.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022