CERT-In and Power-CSIRTs recently organized the cybersecurity exercise called PowerEX.
- Cyber Security Exercise “PowerEX” was designed and organized jointly by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) and Power-CSIRTs (Computer Security Incident Response Teams in Power sector).
- The CERT-In hosted the cybersecurity exercise on its simulation platform.
- The event witnessed the participation of more than 350 officials from various power sector utilities.
- 193 power sector utilities were invited to take part in this exercise.
- Officials of Exercise Planner Team of Power-CSIRTs collaborated with the CERT-In team as Exercise Coordinators.
- The objective of the recently concluded cybersecurity exercise is to “Recognize, Analyse & Respond to Cyber Incident in IT & OT Systems”.
- Theme of the exercise is “Defending Cyber induced disruption in IT & OT infrastructure”.
- It helped officials working in power sector utilities to learn, practice and respond to the cyber threats.
Guideline on Cyber Security in Power Sector
The Guideline on Cyber Security in Power Sector was released by the Central Government in October 2021. It should be adhered by all Power Sector utilities across India. This is the first comprehensive guidelines focusing on the cybersecurity in power sector. It seeks to improve the preparedness of various power utilities and create a cyber secure ecosystem in the Indian power sector.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) was established in 2004 under Section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000. It comes under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). It is a nodal agency that deals with cybersecurity-related threats such as hacking and phishing. It provides security to Indian Internet domain. It is responsible for collecting, analysing and disseminating information related to cyber incidents. It is also involved in forecasting and warning against cyber threats and taking emergency measures to handle cyber security-related incidents.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|