‘Role of Labour in India’s Development’ Book
On 9th March 2022, Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for Labour and Employment released a book titled ‘Role of Labour in India’s Development’.
About the book
‘Role of Labour in India’s Development’ book has 12 articles outlining the contribution of labour in the development journey of India. These articles are written experts in this field and the book is published by V V Giri National Labour Institute. The publishing of the book is part of the ‘Iconic Week’ celebrations of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
About V V Giri National Labour Institute
- It is a civil service training institute, which gives training to labour administrators, public sector managers, and other government officials concerned with labour.
- It also undertakes research in the field of labour and regularly conducts seminars, workshops, and lectures on issues related to labour. It offers M.Phil. & Ph.D. courses in collaboration with Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. It is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Until 1995, it was known as National Labour Institute. Later, it was rechristened in honor of V.V. Giri (former President of India), a well-known union leader.
- Composition of the General Council of the institute:
- Union Minister for Labour and Employment is the President.
- Members: Representatives of the central government, organization of employers & workers, MPs, persons who made notable contributions in the field of labour.
General Council elects the executive council and its chairperson is Employment Secretary. The administrative head of the institute is Director-General.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs