World Geography Questions (MCQs) for UPSC, State PCS and SSC Examinations
World Geography Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Quiz for State and UPSC Civil Services Examinations. Objective Questions on Physical Geography and World Geography for competitive examinations.
31. Which of the following ocean currents is a warm water current located in the Pacific Ocean?
Consider the following pairs:
- Fair weather clouds – Cumulus Clouds
- Rainy clouds – Nimbostratus Clouds
- Ice crystals – Cirrus Clouds
Which of the above is/are correct?
33. A chain of roughly adjacent metropolitan areas is called _?
34. The smallest functional ecological unit is _?
35. Ground Level Ozone is formed due to reaction between:
36. In geographical context, the terms Chars and Bils denote:
Consider the following statements about El Nino:
- El Nino refers to unusual warming of waters in the Equatorial Pacific Ocean off the coast of Chile and Peru
- It causes dry spells in India
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
38. Which atmospheric layer reflects radio waves back to Earth?
39. What happens when one crosses 180 degrees longitude from east to west?
40. Which of the following is called the final boundary between the Earth and the outer space?