World Geography MCQs
11. Which of the following mountain ranges form the longest mountain chain in the world?
12. ‘Samarqand’ was invaded and destroyed by Alexander in 329 B.C. and Chengiz Khan in 1221 A.D. It is one of the important cultural and industrial city of Central Asia which is located in :
13. ‘Oxus’ is the ancient name of which of the following rivers?
14. Falkland Island is a disputed territory between :
15. The only two landlocked countries of South American continent are :
16. Which of the following is the narrowest strait of the world ?
17. Saline and Alkaline soils are characterized by which of the following features ?
- They are found in drought-prone areas.
- They can be reclaimed by adding gypsum.
- Texturally, they are sandy-loams.
18. Cape Agulhas makes the dividing point between which of the two oceans?
19. Tibetan Plateau can be best placed in which among the following categories of Plateus?
20. What is the upper limit of Richter scale?