World Geography Questions (MCQs) for UPSC, State PCS and SSC Examinations
World Geography Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Quiz for State and UPSC Civil Services Examinations. Objective Questions on Physical Geography and World Geography for competitive examinations.
- They provide variety of ecosystem services
- Some islands would not have survived without them
- They work as sinks of atmospheric carbon
- They support variety of ocean life
Which among the above is / are correct?
- Southeast Asia
- Andes Mountains
- Mid-Atlantic Ridge
- Caribbean Plate
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
Which of the above is/are landlocked countries?
- South America
In which of the above you can find Savannas?
- Coal bed
- Sea bed
- Metamorphic rocks
Which of the above is/are source(s) for Methane gas production?
- There are no mammalian fauna in Antarctic Tundra, while they are plenty in Arctic Tundra
- Antarctic Tundra has more extreme temperatures in winters in comparison to Arctic Tundra
Which of the above is / are correct statements?
- Earth has greater rotational velocity at equator than at poles
- Coriolis effect decreases from equator towards poles
Which of the above statements is/are correct?