Indian Polity & Constitution MCQs
31. Who was the first Chief election commissioner of India ?
32. The single citizenship has been introduced in the Indian constitution on the pattern of which of the following constitutions?
33. Which among the following fundamental rights is available to Indian Citizens but not to aliens?
34. A persons when decides to make an application to acquire Citizenship of India by registration must have finished his living in India for ___?
35. The Habeas Corpus Act of 1679 was drawn up during the reign of which of the following ?
36. Who among the following said this? ” Directive principles of State Policy are like a cheque on a Bank payable at the convenience of the bank”?
37. Supreme court ruled that ” the fundamental rights and Directive Principles ” are in fact supplementary to each other and together constitute an integrated scheme”. This is known as which of the following ?
38. Civil cases, Criminal Cases and constitutional cases come under which of the following jurisdiction?
39. The success of Bardoli Satyagraha gave rise to which one of the greatest leaders of the independence struggle?
40. The writ of mandamus is available for the purpose of which of the following?
- Enforcement of Fundamental Rights
- Compelling a court or Judicial tribunal to exercise its jurisdiction when it has refuse to exercise it
- Directing a public official or the Government not to enforce a law which is unconstitutional
Select the correct option from the codes given below: