General Science - Physics MCQs
Physics Objective (Multiple Choice) General Knowledge & General Science Questions & Answers for SSC-CGL, UPPSC, UPSC, NDA, CDS and UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examinations.
21. Consider the following statements with respect to the Thermionic emission:
1. It is caused by electrons or ions that break loose from the metal surface due to heat energy
2. A metal cannot emit thermions at all temperatures
Which among the above statements is / are correct ?
In which of the following respects, the ultra-violet radiations are similar to white light?
- Both obey the laws of reflection and refraction
- Both travel with same speed in vacuum
- Both are equally active chemically
- Both are scattered equally
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements:
- Speed of sound increases with increase in density of the medium
- Speed of sound increases with increase in temperature of the medium
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
24. Who among the following is credited to work for the unification of electricity, magnetism and optics field of Physics?
25. Optical Fibre technology works on which of these principles of Physics?
26. Which of the following is not a valid conservation law of classical Physics?
27. What is the range of masses involved in the study of Physics?
28. Who among the following is credited for the discovery of ‘Expanding Universe’?
29. Who among the following gave the Uncertainity principle?
30. The force between charged particles is called as: