Quiz 620: Indian Polity for SSC Examinations
1. Legislature of the Union which is called ‘Parliament’ consists of :
[C]Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
[D]President, Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
President, Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
2. Which of the following is incorrect about the Rajya Sabha ?
[A]The Rajya Sabha consists of 12 members nominated by the Prime Minister.
[B]One-third of its members retire every second year.
[C]The Rajya Sabha is not subject to dissolution.
[D]The Vice President is the ex-officio chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
Because the Rajya Sabha consists of 12 members nominated by the President and NOT the Prime Minister.
3. There is a prescribed procedure for the amendment of the provisions of the Indian Constitution. This feature has been borrowed from the Constitution of :
[A]Weimer Republic of Germany
4. Which of the following parts/ provisions of the Indian Constitution cannot be amended :
[A]Preamble to the Constitution
[B]Directive Principles of State Policy
Judicial Review forms the part of the basic structure of the Constitution which cannot be altered by the amendment procedure.
5. Which of the following is not one of the official languages mentioned in the VIIIth Schedule?
6. Many key features of the constitution such as the federal structure of government, provincial autonomy, a bicameral central legislature and the principle of separation of powers, are directly taken from:
[A]Nehru Report of 1928
[B]Government of India Act, 1919
[C]Government of India Act, 1935
[D]Indian Independence Act, 1947
Government of India Act, 1935
7. Which of the following statements is incorrect regarding Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)?
[A]It is a statutory body.
[B]It is a staff agency to the Prime Minister.
[C]It has been given the status of a department.
[D]It has no attached and subordinate office under it.
PMO is a non-constitutional and non-statutory body.
8. For which of the following bills, there is no constitutional provision for a joint sitting of both the houses of the Parliament to resolve a deadlock ?
[C]Constitution Amendment Bill
[D]Both [B] and [C]
Both [B] and [C]
9. Which of the following High Courts has the largest jurisdiction in the country?
[A]Bombay High Court
[B]Guwahati High Court
[C]Allahabad High Court
[D]Calcutta High Court
The territorial jurisdiction of Guwahati HC extends to the seven states of North East.
10. Which of the following writs literally means ‘We Command’ ?
11. President can proclaim National Emergency under Article 352 in the entire country or in any part of it, on the grounds of :
[D]Both [A] and [B]
The term ‘armed rebellion’ did not exist in the original constitution but was inserted by the 44th Constitutional Amendment Act (1978) replacing the
original term ‘internal disturbance.
12. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct regarding the Planning Commission of India?
[A]It is neither a constitutional nor a statutory body.
[B]The Prime Minister is the chairman of the Planning Commission.
[C]It is only an advisory body.
[D]All of the above.
All of the above.
13. Article 123 of the Indian Constitution provides for:
[A]The Ordinance Making power of the President
[B]Advisory Jurisdiction of the Supreme Court
[C]Special Status of Jammu and Kashmir
[D]An Election Commission to hold free and fair elections in the country.
The Ordinance Making power of the President
14. The Election Commission of India is not concerned with the elections of /to the :
[C]Panchayats and Municipalities in the State
[D]All of the above
Panchayats and Municipalities in the State
The Election Commission has the power of superintendence, direction and control of elections to the Parliament, State legislatures, President and Vice
15. Article 20 of the Indian Constitution is an important fundamental right as it provides protection in respect of conviction for offences. The safeguard which is not provided to the persons accused of crime under Article 20 is :
[A]Ex-Post facto law
[C]Prohibition against self-incrimination
[D]Right to be produced before a magistrate within 24 hours
Right to be produced before a magistrate within 24 hours is a safeguard against arbitrary arrest and detention provided under Article 22.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »