Quiz 530: Current Affairs May 2011
1. Consider the following countries:
Which among the above have received a bailout in the Eurozone sovereign debt crisis by May 2011?
(B)1 & 2 Only
(C)2 & 3 Only
(D)1, 2 & 3
2. Which among the following body of the World Trade Organization (WTO) has been overlooking the Doha Trade Talks?
(A)Council for Trade in Goods
(B)Council for Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
(C)Council for Trade in Services
(D)Trade Negotiations Committee
3. Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant in Tamil Nadu is being constructed in collaboration of which among the following countries?
4. Consider the following:
1. INS Jalashva
3. P8I maritime aircraft
The Indian armed forces have procured which among the above from United States of America?
(B)Only 1 & 2
(C)Only 2 & 3
(D)All 1 , 2 & 3
5. Which among the following is a correct full form of COMESA?
(A)Common Market For Eastern and Southern America
(B)Common Market For Eastern and Southern Africa
(C)Common Market For Eastern and Southern Asia
(D)None of them
6. Who among the following heads the Trade and Economic Relations Committee (TERC) in India?
(B)Minister of Commerce
7. “Emotionally Yours” is/ was the baseline of which among the following airlines?
8. On which of the following dates World Press Freedom Day is observed in May ?
9. In which among the following countries, a referendum on Alternative Voting System was organized in recent times?
10. Who among the following has won the World Snooker Championship for the fourth time in May 2011?
11. In which country, 2011 Asian Winter Games were held in January 2011?
12. Novak Djokovic, who is the champion of 2011 Australian Open, is from which of the following countries?
13. The term Rose Revolution refers to the change of power in recent times in which among the following countries?
14. Which among the following is the first European Country with which, India has signed a ” Labour Mobility Partnership” MOU ?
15. Which among the following bankers was awarded the top French honor “Chevalier de L’ordre de Legion” in December 2010?
(A) M V Nair
(B)K V Kamath
(C)O P Bhatt