Quiz 524 : GK For Civil Services Examination
1. “the members agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America would be considered an attack against all of them”
The above provision which makes the heart of the NATO is enshrined in which among the following treaties?
(A)Berlin Plus agreement
(C)Treaty of Brussels
(D) Two Plus Four Treaty
2. How many states and Uts of India celebrate birth day on November 1?
3. In context with the estimates of crops in India, consider the following:
1. First Advance Estimates of the Kharif Crops
2. First Advance Estimates of the Rabi Crops
Which among the following is a correct set of months, in which the above estimates are made in India?
4. “A body like the Congress which represents not the mass of the population, but a single and very limited class, could not be called national”
The above statement in context with the Indian National Congress was given by which among the following personalities?
(C)Lala Lajpat Rai
(D)Bal Gangadhar Tilak
5. “Everything else can wait, but not agriculture”Which among the following leaders is noted for the above famous statement in context with agriculture in India?
(A)Sardar Balwant Singh
(C)Jawahar Lal Nehru
6. “Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains”
Who among the following is identified with the above famous line?
(D) Jean-Jacques Rousseau
7. “Never before was perpetrated an act of Injustice as flagrant as readjustment of the cotton duties in favour of Lancashire”.
The above reaction against the imposition of Tariff and Cotton Duties Act of 1894 and 1896 was given by which among the following leaders?
(A)Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B)Lala Lajpat Rai
(C)Gopal Krishan Gokhle
(D)Bipin Chandra Pal
8. A baby diaper, if tested with various solutions, will absorb maximum amount of which among the following:
9. A Constitution Amendment Bill , after being introduced, would also require to be ratified by the Legislatures of not less than one-half of the States, if that Constitution Amendment Bill is related to the following:
1. Transfer of Education from State List to Concurrent List
2. Change in the system of Election of President of India
3. Change in the system of election of Vice President of India
Choose the correct option/s:
(C)1 & 2
(D)1, 2 & 3
10. A country X has Life Expectancy of 53 years. Which among the following represents the correct Life Expectancy Index for this country?
11. A long Rail (approximately 700 meters) made up of steel is struck to produce a sound. The person standing on the other end of the rail would hear in which among the following pattern?
(A)He listens the sound waves once propagated via steel
(B)He listens the sound waves once propagated via air
(C)He listens the sound waves twice, first propagated via steel and second propagated via air
(D)He listens the sound waves twice, first propagated via air and second propagated via steel
12. A major failure of the judicial system in the country has been its ineffectiveness in ensuring speedy disposal of cases under trial. This is out of line of which among the following articles of Constitution of India which provides a right to speedy justice?
13. A new crop variety Bikaner Narma was released recently in India. Which among the following is a correct statement about Bikaner Narma?
(A)Bikaner Narma (BN) is a new disease resistant hybrid variety of Cotton developed by Central Institute for Cotton Research (CICR), Nagpur
(B)Bikaner Narma (BN) is a new disease resistant Bt variety of Cotton developed by Central Institute for Cotton Research (CICR), Nagpur
(C)Bikaner Narma (BN) is a new disease resistant hybrid variety of Green Pea, developed by Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur
(D)Bikaner Narma(BN) is a new disease resistant hybrid variety of Groundnut , developed by Central Arid Zone Research Institute , Jodhpur
14. A new term Stuxnet, was making news recently. What is Stuxnet ?
(A)A new kind of robot
(B)A new super computer
(C)A new gadget
(D)A computer virus
15. A person can be appointed as Attorney General of India, provided he / she is qualified to be appointed as which among the following?
(A)Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(B)Chief Justice of High Court
(C)Judge of Supreme Court
(D)Judge of High Court
© 2011 Suresh Kumar Soni