Quiz 512 : General Studies for Civil Services Examinations
1. The Indian Government has conducted the “Operation Safe Homecoming” to evacuate and bring home the Indian nationals from which among the following disturbed countries of the Middle East / Africa in 2011?
2. The natural Pacemaker in the Human Heart is located in the SA node which is present in which among the following chambers?
3. Consider the following:
The prices of which among the above have been fully deregulated in India?
(A)1, 2 & 4
(B)1, 2,3 & 4
(C)Only 1 & 2
4. In context with the “Infrastructure Financing” consider the following limitations in India:
1. The Balance sheets of the Banks are smaller as compared to the Infrastructure Projects
2. Most of the banks offer loans on shorter periods than the demands of the Infrastructure Projects
3. In India, the Consortium Lending is not allowed for Infrastructure projects
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
(A)Only 1 & 2
(B)Only 2 & 3
(C)All 1, 2 & 3
(D)none of them is correct
5. Which among the following country has secured a place among Top Five destinations for FDI as well as Top five investor countries in the recently released World Investment Prospects Survey 2010-2012 by UNCTAD?
6. In context with the Conference of Parties (COP) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), which among the following marked Rio+20 CBD conference?
7. In which of the following African country is located the Itezhi Tezhi Hydropower project, for which India extended a $50 million line of credit in early 2010?
8. Consider the following statements in context with the Kuka Movement:
1. Kuka refers to a tribe of the North west Frontier Province of present Pakistan
2. This movement originated mainly to seek purification of the Sikhism
3. Jawar Mal and Ram Singh were two leaders of this movement
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
(A)Only 1 & 2
(B)Only 2 & 3
(D)All of them
9. Consider the following junction stations for exchange of traffic between the existing railway system and the Dedicated Freight Corridor between Delhi and Mumbai.
3. Amli Road
In which of the following sequence come the above stations while a train moves from Delhi to Mumbai?
(A)1, 2, 3, 4
(B)2, 1, 3, 4
(C)4, 3, 2, 1
(D)4, 1, 2, 3
10. The Jeevan Raksha Padak series of awards are an offshoot of which among the following Gallantry awards in India?
11. In which of the following states of India is located the Rigon Thupten Mindroling monastery, which was inaugurated by Dalai Lama in 2010?
12. The Tobin tax, initially suggested by James Tobin was a tax on which among the following transactions?
(D)All of above
13. A new term “Notified Jurisdictional Areas” was occupying place in recent news items and editorials in various newspapers. Notified Jurisdictional Areas are to be certain areas which are commonly known as which among the following?
(A)Special Economic Zones
(C)Free trade Jurisdictions
(D)Area which are notified by Ministry of Environment & Forests as No go areas
14. Which among the following country creates most problems related to the “round tripping” in Indian Economy in context with FDI from this country to India?
15. Consider the following statements regarding the Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS):
1. The AWACS comes to India under a tripartite agreement between India, Israel and Russia
2. The radar system designed to detect aircraft is procured from Israel while the same system is mounted on a Russian IL-76 aircraft.
Which among the above statements is / are correct ?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 is correct