Postal Department holds drawing contest for children
Department of Posts is conducting a drawing competition for children aged between six to 15.
- Drawing contest is being conducted for designing special covers under the theme ‘COVID-19 vaccination’.
- Contest is being organised with the aimed of introducing philately as a hobby among youngsters.
- Participants are required to send applications with details like name, address, school name, phone number, email id, cheque or demand draft number, philately account number and age proof.
- They are also required to send Rs 200 as cheque or demand draft in favour of ‘The Chief Postmaster, Anna Road HPO, Chennai – 600002’.
- Last date for receipt of entry fee is August 28.
- Entry fee will be used to open a philately deposit account number and a commemorative stamp will be dispatched for this amount.
- Children are required to draw on given theme of need for vaccination and preventive measures on an A4 size paper.
- Children will be allotted a roll number which will be intimated after receipt of cheque or demand draft.
- After receiving the roll number, participants can scan and email drawing.
Contest will be conducted under two categories-
- primary category for ages six to 10 and
- secondary category for ages 11 to 15.
Top four contestants will be awarded in each category with cash prizes ranging from Rs 2,500 to Rs 500. Selected drawings will be used as designs for special covers or cachet designs.
India post was earlier called as Department of Post. It is a government-operated postal system that works under Ministry of Communications. It is the most widely distributed postal system across world. Postal service in India was started by Warren Hastings.