Patna Marine Drive
The Bihar government is set to undertake a major project, envisioning the conversion of the Digha to Gandhi Maidan stretch into the Patna Marine Drive. This ambitious plan involves creating lush green spaces, lining the JP Ganga Path with parks, and planting over one lakh trees. The proposal includes dedicated zones for walking, jogging, cycling, and specially designed Ghats for Chhath Puja festivities. Around 90% of the seven-kilometer stretch will be transformed into green areas, with the remaining 10% allocated for essential amenities.
The JP Ganga Path will be extended westward to Koelwar and eastward to Karjan, integrating with key road bridges. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar emphasized the convenience and transformation this initiative will bring, offering recreational spaces and improved Chhath Puja facilities. Kumar also shared an update on the Kacchi Dargah-Bidupur road bridge, expected to be completed by early 2024, marking a significant milestone in regional transportation.
What is the primary objective of the Patna Marine Drive project?
The main goal of the project is to transform the Digha to Gandhi Maidan stretch into a vibrant and green space, referred to as the Patna Marine Drive. This involves planting trees, creating parks, and developing dedicated zones for various recreational activities.
What are the specific amenities that will be provided along the JP Ganga Path?
The JP Ganga Path will feature dedicated areas for walking, jogging, cycling, and specially designed Ghats for the Chhath Puja festivities. These amenities are aimed at enhancing recreational opportunities for residents.
What portion of the seven-kilometer stretch will be dedicated to green spaces?
Around 90% of the seven-kilometer stretch will be transformed into green areas, including parks and lush greenery. The remaining 10% will be reserved for essential amenities.
How will the JP Ganga Path be extended, and what will it be connected to?
The JP Ganga Path will be extended both westward and eastward. It will be extended westward up to Koelwar and eastward up to Karjan. This extension will also integrate with key road bridges, enhancing its connectivity to the region’s infrastructure.
What benefits does Chief Minister Nitish Kumar envision from this project?
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expects the region to transform into a verdant zone with improved recreational facilities. He anticipates that people will have convenient spaces for walking, jogging, and cycling. Additionally, the development of Chhath Ghats will enhance the convenience of Chhath Puja celebrations.
What other significant infrastructure project did Nitish Kumar provide an update on?
Nitish Kumar shared progress on the Kacchi Dargah-Bidupur six-lane Greenfield road bridge over the Ganga. He mentioned that the bridge’s construction is expected to be completed by early 2024, marking a significant achievement in the region’s transportation development.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs