Nirogi Haryana Health Scheme
The Nirogi Haryana scheme was launched recently in Haryana recently.
What is Nirogi Haryana scheme?
- The Nirogi Haryana Project was launched to provide comprehensive free health check-ups and required medical treatment to beneficiary families.
- The initial phase of this scheme was launched in District Hospital, Sector 6, Panchkula. It will gradually be enrolled in other dispensaries, health and wellness centres in the remote rural areas of the Panchkula district.
- As many as 51 health facilities in Panchkula district have been allocated to enlisted beneficiaries.
- 1,82,354 individuals from 42,000 families in Panchkula enlisted under the Antyodaya Yojana are eligible for this scheme.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme are divided into six categories based on age – 0 to 6 months, 6 to 59 months, 6 to 18 years, 18 to 40 years, 40 to 60 years and above 80 years.
- Each of these categories are provided different coloured OPD card, with eight pages each.
- The enlisted beneficiaries are provided an ‘amantran patra’ by the ANM or ASHA workers to visit their healthcare facilities on the specified date.
- The health check-ups under this scheme includes a complete general physical examination, including physical measurements, height, weight, pulse, BP, dental, and eye examination.
- Mandatory lab tests are also provided for each beneficiary based on the category. Specific lab tests are also done based on the advice of the examining doctor designated for this scheme.
- The results of the lab tests will be provided within the next two working days via e-Upchaar or by the ASHA/ANM.
What are the benefits of the scheme?
The comprehensive health check-up provided by the Nirogi Haryana scheme will help in the early detection of diseases like diabetes, cancer, blood pressure, malnutrition among children etc. It will help check the disease burden in the state. The entire data obtained while implementing this scheme will be stored online to assess the disease burden and health management.