National Metrology Conclave
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to deliver an inaugural address at the National Metrology Conclave on January 4, 2021.
- What is the theme of National Metrology Conclave 2021?
- Who is organising the National Metrology Conclave?
- Where is the National Metrology Conclave held?
- What is the significance of 2021 National Metrology Conclave?
- What are the key events of 2021 National Metrology conclave?
- What is National Atomic Timescale?
- What is Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya?
- What is the role of National Environmental Standards lab?
- What are the key objectives of National Metrology Conclave?
What is the theme of National Metrology Conclave 2021?
Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the Nation.
Who is organising the National Metrology Conclave?
The National Metrology Conclave is organised by the Council of scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL).
Where is the National Metrology Conclave held?
What is the significance of 2021 National Metrology Conclave?
It is held on the 75th foundation day of CSIR, January 4, 2021.
What are the key events of 2021 National Metrology conclave?
- The National Atomic Time Scale is to be dedicated to the nation.
- Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya is to be dedicated to the nation.
- Foundation stone of National Environmental Standards Labs to be laid.
What is National Atomic Timescale?
The National Atomic Timescale will create the Indian Standard Time with 2.8 nanoseconds of accuracy. The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) is called the Timekeeper of India. The time scale is maintained with the help of five cesium atomic clocks. Time scale is the time standard.
What is Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya?
It is a laboratory to support, test and calibrate Quality Assurance. Currently the Government of India is focusing to support nanotechnology, material science, Ayush, Food and Agriculture and biologics through Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravyas.
What is the role of National Environmental Standards lab?
It will focus on self-Reliance in certification of ambient air and industrial emission monitoring equipment. The Global market value of air pollution monitoring system is to reach 7000 million USD by 2025. The Ministry of environment, forest and climate change has designated the CSIR-NPL the for verifying and certifying the emission and ambient air pollution monitoring equipment. Thus, CSIR-NPL is launching the dedicated National Environmental Standards Laboratory.
What are the key objectives of National Metrology Conclave?
The conclave will strengthen the role of Precision measurement in various segments that has direct implication in the economic growth of India. It will mainly focus on establishing and developing primary standards, accreditation, quality systems and standardization, regulations and Legal Metrology, conformity assessment.
Tags: Indian Standard Time • Metrology • national metrology conclave • PM Modi
Month: Current Affairs - January, 2021
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|