“MY IAF”: Indian Air Force launches new mobile application for aspirants
As part of the ‘Digital India’ initiative, the Chief of the Air Staff, Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria has launched a mobile application named ‘My IAF’ containing career-related information with job details that are going to be useful for candidates.
How will it serve the candidates?
The app will serve the candidates by providing information regarding the selection process, training, pay scale, and other important details for the post of officer and airmen.
About the app
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has developed the mobile app.
- The app will provide brief information about the history and stories of IAF.
- It contains entertaining videos and adventurous games.
- Other than the candidates, one can have the experience to observe the aircraft in the inventory.
- Real-time updates of IAF will also be visible.
What is the function of C-DAC?
The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing is an autonomous scientific society, founded in 1988 and conducts its operation under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. It is associated with various research initiatives related to the High-Performance Computing, Multilingual Computing and Heritage Computing, Professional Electronics, Software Technologies, Health Informatics, and Education.
Indian Air Force
IAF is the supreme air arm of the Indian Armed Forces. It was founded in 1932. It is headquartered at New Delhi (Vayu Bhawan). The motto of the organization is ‘Glory that touches the sky’. Arjan Singh is the first and only Officer to be promoted to the five star rank of Marshal of the Indian Air Force.