Indian Companies in 2022 Fortune 500 list
In the Fortune Global 500 list of year 2022, 9 Indian public and private companies have been added. Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has been ranked at 98th position in the list, with revenue worth USD 97,266.7 million. LIC has been added to the list for the first time, after it was listed on Indian stock exchanges in May 2022.
Other countries in the 2022 Fortune 500 list include;
- Reliance Industries Ltd. has been placed at 104th position, with USD 93,982 million revenue in 2021-22. This year, rank of Reliance has jumped by 51 spots.
- US’s Walmart Inc. claims the first position, for the ninth consecutive year. It has maintained the first position for 17th time, since 1995.
- Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Aramco is at 6th It has again reclaimed its title most profitable company worldwide, with earning of USD 105 billion.
Top 10 companies in 2022 Fortune Global 500 list include;
- Walmart, U.S
- com, U.S
- State Grid, China
- China National Petroleum, China
- Sinopec, China
- Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia
- Apple, U.S
- Volkswagen, Germany
- China State Construction Engineering, China
- CVS Health, U.S.
Indian Companies in the list include;
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) at 142nd
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at 190th
- State Bank of India (SBI) at 236th
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) at 295th
Fortune 500 list provides ranking to companies across the world, based on total revenues for respective fiscal years that ends on or before March 31, 2022.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs