Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Programme, 2020
Under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, Goa is paired with Jharkhand. Lot of exchange activities are happening on this front. The intensity of programmes is less due to lockdown and so the focus is laid on virtual events.
- Lokotsav programmes held earlier in Goa in Panaji evoked good response.
- Stalls of Jharkhand displayed delicacies from that state and Goans enjoyed savouring the same.
- Folk dances presented by Jharkhand artistes also were appreciated by Goan artistes.
- Later Goan artistes also visited Jharkhand and presented Goan folk dances.
- Bangle making workshops were held in Goa wherein experts from handicraft arena of Jharkhand guided Goan artistes.
The programme was announced by the Prime Minister in 2015 on the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Subsequently, the initiative was announced in the Union Budget for 2016-17. It was launched to promote engagement and understanding amongst the people of different states/UTs to ensure a stronger united India. The Ministry of Human Resource Development is Nodal Ministry for co-ordination of the programme
Activities under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat:
- Cultural Exchange Programmes between partnering States
- Translation of at least 5 Award Winning Books and Poetry, popular folk songs of One State in the Language of the partner State.
- Exchange programme for Writers and poets.
- Organize Culinary festivals with opportunity to learn culinary practices.
- Organize Educational Tours for schools/Universities Students reciprocally.
- Promotion of Rajya Darshan for tourists.