Dawki Land Port
Union Minister Nityanand Rai inaugurated the Dawki Land Port in Meghalaya’s West Jaintia Hills district to improve trade and commerce between India and Bangladesh. Meghalaya Deputy Chief Minister Sniawbhalang Dhar and Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Sniawbhalang Dhar were also present during the inauguration.
Key Facts about Dawki Land Port
- The Dawki Land Port is situatedd in West Jaintia Hills in Meghalaya, approximately 55 kilometers from Jowai district headquarters and around 84 kilometers from the state capital, Shillong.
- Tamabil is the matching Land Port located in Bangladesh.
- The Dawki Land Port will play a significant role as an economic and transportation hub between India and Bangladesh, facilitating the transportation of goods, people, and vehicles across the border.
- Additionally, it will simplify border crossing procedures for passengers.
- The land port is expected to promote the tourism and economic sectors.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2023
Category: Places in News Current Affairs