D R Mehta to be awarded Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award
- D R Mehta who is known for popularising Jaipur Foot will be awarded 20th Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
- The Award is being given to him for his exceptional contribution towards promotion of communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
- He is the founder and chief benefactor of an organization that popularized the Jaipur Foot.
- He has also served as chairman of the SEBI.
- In 1975, Mehta established the Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti, a charity based in Jaipur that provides artificial legs for the poor.
Tags:2012 , August 2012 , Persons in News , Socio-Economic Awareness