SEHAT Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir
On December 26, 2020, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to launch the SEHAT Scheme for the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. SEHAT is Social Endeavour for Health and Telemedicine.
Key Features of the scheme
- The scheme will provide free cashless treatment for the inhabitants of Jammu and Kashmir up to Rs 5 lakhs of health cover.
- The beneficiaries of the scheme are to be provided with a card.
- The Common Service Centres are to be effectively used in the implementation of the scheme.
- The scheme will include all the Indoor Patient Department cases of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- The scheme will also use the help of Arogya Mitras to cover maximum number of people.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Medical Supplies Corporation is to provide the medical supplies for the hospitals under the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
The scheme was rolled out in Jammu and Kashmir in 2018, that is, even before the Abrogation of Article 370. West Bengal, Odisha and Telangana are the states that did not implement Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or Ayushman Bharat. Earlier Delhi also did not implement the scheme. However, it was then implemented in April 2020.
- The Telemedicine overcomes major challenge of India. The major challenge is providing in-person health care due to the large geographical distances and limited resources.
- It increases timely and faster access to services.
- There is higher likelihood of maintenance of records.
- It provides patients safety and heath worker safety especially in situations where there are risks of contagious infections.
eSanjeevani OPD Portal
It was launched in November 2019 and was huge success. In a short period of time, eSanjeevani conducted more than 1.5 lakh consultations. So far 23 states have implemented eSanjeevani. The platform provides consultations for more than 40 online OPDs. This includes Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Gynaecology, Non-Communicable Disease, AIDS, etc.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|