India Energy Dashboards (Version 2.0) by NITI Aayog
The Niti Aayog recently launched the India Energy Dashboards Version 2.0. It will provide single window access to the data related to utilisation, pricing, production, distribution of energy in the country. It will provide data from Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and from Coal Controller’s Organisation. The India Energy Dashboard Version 1.0 was launched in 2017.
Key Features of India Energy Dashboards Version 2.0
- The new version of the India Energy Dashboard provides data between the financial years 2005-06 and 2019-20.
- It will provide enhanced data download. It allows data download in convenient spreadsheet formats.
- Also, the new India Energy Dashboard provides data in sub-yearly frequencies. It includes monthly data from portals maintained by Government agencies. The monthly data in India is regularly published for petroleum, electricity, and natural gas sectors.
- It will provide technical and financial data of electricity utilities.
- The India Energy Dashboard will also provide data from schemes such as Saubhagya, PRAAPTI, UJALA and Vidyut PRAVAH.
UJALA is Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All. The scheme was launched by PM Modi in 2015. It replaced the Bachat Lamp Yojana. UJALA is also called as DELP. DELP is Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme. It aims to promote the efficient usage of energy for all. Under the scheme, the LED bulbs were distributed to the Electricity Distribution Companies at subsidised rates. The scheme also aimed to reduce the green house gas emission by 79 million tonnes of carbon dioxide.
PRAAPTI is a web portal launched by the Ministry of Power in 2018. PRAAPTI is Payment Ratification and Analysis in Power procurement for bringing transparency in invoicing of generators. Under the portal, the power distribution companies will clear the invoices and reply to the claims raised by the generators in the portal.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|