Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: September 24, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for September 24, 2023
- Mobile Internet service was restored after 140 days of suspension in ethnic violence-hit Manipur.
- Agriculture scientist Swati Nayak became the third Indian agriculture scientist to win the prestigious Norman E. Borlaug Award for 2023.
- An online self-learning course in Indian Sign Language and a dictionary containing 10,000 ISL terms were launched on the International Day of Sign Languages.
- India achieves Sanitation milestone as 75% Villages are now ODF Plus under Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen.
- 6th Edition of the ‘NeSDA – Way Forward Monthly Report for States/UTs’ were released.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) is organising ‘Arogya Manthan’ to celebrate 5 years of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY and 2 years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- The maiden edition of ‘Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav’ or Indian Lighthouse Festival was inaugurated in Panjim, Goa.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- PhonePe announced the launch of Indus Appstore developer platform, as a Made-in-India app store.
- I-T department asked taxpayers to respond to its intimation regarding outstanding demands of previous years.
- TATA Projects has been awarded a contract by Micron Technology to construct the semiconductor assembly and test plant in Sanand, Gujarat.
- TRAI has issued recommendations for bolstering telecom infrastructure in Northeast.
- Over 300 leading Uighur intellectuals have been jailed since Xi Jinping came to power in 2013: Rights Groups.
- 95 million Pakistanis are under poverty and Poverty in Pakistan shot up to 39.4% as of last fiscal year says World Bank.
- The opening ceremony of the 19th Asian Games was organised at Hangzhou, China.
- Afghan women arrived for the first Asian Games since the Taliban regained control of Afghanistan.
Category: Today's News Headlines