Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: September 18, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for September 18, 2023
- The first day of the Special Session will be held in the old Parliament building , with MPs moving to the new building on the second day.
- Centre plans to recall Rapid Action Force (RAF) from Manipur ;RAF was raised in 1992 to deal with riots.
- Santiniketan, a town established by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore, made it to the UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- The fourth and final meeting of the G-20 Framework Working Group (FWG) under India’s G-20 Presidency will be held in Chhattisgarh’s capital Raipur.
- The Assam government mobilised public support to attempt nine world records during a drive to increase the State’s green cover.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Finance Ministry has invited applications for the post of whole-time member (distribution) at IRDAI.
- Ministry of Finance approves welfare measures for LIC agents and employees.
- IREDA signs MoUs with Bank of Maharashtra for Financing Renewable Energy Projects
- European Commission President promises a plan of action as migrants flock to Italian island of Lampedusa.
- Taiwan detects 28 Chinese warplanes around island.
- Asia Cup: India defeats Sri Lanka by 10 wickets in the final of the Asia Cup to lift the title after a gap of five years; Mohammed Siraj takes a six-wicket haul.
- Olympic and world champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra finished second in the Diamond League final.
- Carlos Sainz led from start to finish to win a dramatic Singapore Grand Prix.
- Olympian Elavenil Valarivan clinches women’s air rifle final in the World Cup in Rio.
Category: Today's News Headlines